Air & Land
Apr 15, 2024
|From $3,998||From $2,399|
Pastor Jared Shumate - 10 Day Holy Land (April 15, 2024)
Trip Overview & Highlight
Pastor Jared Shumate and Valley View Baptist Church, invite you to take this pilgrimage through the Holy Land, deepening and invigorating your faith in communion with fellow Christians. Experience the Holy Sites in Galilee and Jerusalem, as well as Israel both historical and modern in Caesarea, Masada and more. Enrich your soul while reconnecting with the teachings of Jesus Christ in situ.
- Enjoy a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee.
- Visit Mt. of Beatitudes where Jesus preached the Sermon on the Mount.
- Visit Cana where the first recorded miracle of Jesus was performed.
- Travel via the Valley of Armageddon and onto Caesarea, built by King Herod.
- Stop at Yardenit, the Baptismal Site on the Jordan River.
- In Bethlehem, visit the Church of Nativity and Shepherds’ Field.
- Ascend Masada, a site of immense historical significance for the Jewish people and spectacular views.
- Travel to the Dead Sea where you will have the opportunity for a “float”.
- Travel to the Old City, through St. Stephen’s Gate to the Pool of Bethesda and Mt. Moriah and visit the Church of the Holy Sepulcher.
- On to the Mt. of Olives for an outstanding view of Jerusalem, the Garden of Gethsemane and Church of All Nations.
- You will have the chance for a prayer at the Western Wall.
Back to top
- Round-trip Airfare from New York Gateway
- 7 Nights Accommodations in First Class Hotels
- Breakfast & Dinner Daily
- Ground & Air Transportation
- Sightseeing & Entrance fees
- Professional English Speaking Tour Director throughout
- Private motorcoach & driver
- Porterage of 1 piece of luggage per person
Back to top
Prices & Dates
Prices are based on double occupancy: all other room configurations are on request and cannot be guaranteed. We will accommodate triples/quads whenever possible. Please call for further details.
Back to top
DAY 1: NEW YORK
Depart from a New York area gateway to Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv. Dinner and breakfast are served on board.
DAY 2: Galilee
Upon arrival at the Tel Aviv airport, we transfer to our hotel in the Galilee for dinner and overnight. Already we begin to feel the spirit of this land enchanting us. Today, we will be visiting sites from the Bible and sharing the experience of walking in the footsteps of Jesus. (D)
DAY 3: Galilee
We start our day with a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee. Visit Ginnosar to view the fishermen’s boat, found on these shores, dating back to Jesus’ time. We continue to the Mount of Beatitudes, site of the Sermon on the Mount to reflect on the serene beauty and the event that took place here. On to Tabgha, site of the Miracle of the Fishes and Loaves and the Feeding of Five Thousand, to see the chapel built over the rock commemorating the primacy of Peter. We then visit Capernaum, the city of Jesus and Peter to see the house of Peter and an ancient synagogue, where Jesus preached and gathered his disciples. We then drive across the Jordan River via the land of Gaderenes. In the afternoon we drive north to Caesarea Phillipi, now called Banias, where Peter made his confession of faith, and identified Jesus as the Messiah. And Jesus said, “thou art Peter upon this rock I will build my church.” Matt.16-17-18. Return to our hotel for dinner and overnight. (B,D)
DAY 4: Galilee
Today, take a scenic drive past Cana of Galilee to Nazareth to visit the Church of the Annunciation and Mary’s Well. On to Muchraka, the location of Elijah’s altar during his confrontation with the false prophets of Baal. Continue through the Valley of Armageddon to the excavation site at Tel Megiddo. On to Caesarea, built by Herod the Great in 22 B.C. Visit the Roman Theater, the Aqueduct and Herodian Port. It was here that Cornielius was baptized by Peter (Acts 10:24-28) and Paul was brought to trial (Acts 25). Return to our hotel for dinner and overnight. (B,D)
DAY 5: Jerusalem
This morning, our first stop is in the ancient city of Magdala, home town of Mary Magdalene. Here we find a complete first century town and synagogue where it is believed that Jesus himself visited, taught and preached at this synagogue. The church called Duc in Altum in Latin “Launch into the deep” (words of Jesus in Luke 5:4, “fishers of men”) and it honors the women of the Gospels. Continue to Yardenit, the Baptismal Site on the Jordan River. We continue to the old Roman city of Beit Shean to visit the impressive Roman ruins. From here, we drive down the Jordan Valley bypassing Jericho on our way to Bethlehem. We will have time for lunch (on your own) and shopping. Visit the Church of Nativity, the Milk Grotto and Shepherds’ Field. Proceed to our hotel in Jerusalem for dinner and overnight. (B,D)
DAY 6: Jerusalem
This morning we enter the Old City through St. Stephen’s Gate visiting the Pool of Bethesda, the Chapel of the Flagellation, and the Ecce Homo Arch. Continue through the Bazaar to the last stations of the Cross Via Dolorosa, the Church of the Holy Sepulcher and the Gabbatha pavement. Continue to the Jewish Quarter visiting the Cardo, the “Wide” wall built by King Hezekiah and the Herodian mansion. We continue to the Temple area and Mt. Moriah, to see the Dome of Rock, visit the Western Wall, the Ophel Archaeological park and Museum. Return to our hotel for dinner and overnight. (B,D)
DAY 7: Masada
This morning we drive past the Inn of the Good Samaritan to arrive at the shores of the Dead Sea – the lowest point on earth. We drive along the Dead Sea to Masada, the fortress where the Jewish Zealots held off the armies of the Roman Empire before choosing suicide over surrender. Continue to Ein Gedi, where King David found shelter from the wrath of King Saul. After lunch (on your own), we will have the opportunity to enjoy a short “float” in the Dead Sea. On to Qumran where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered in 1947 in a cave, and then return to Jerusalem for dinner and overnight. (B,D)
DAY 8: Jerusalem
Full day of leisure to pursue personal interests or to shop. (B,D)
DAY 9: Tel Aviv
Drive by the Knesset to the Israel Museum, visiting the Shrine of the Book where the Dead Sea Scrolls are housed and see the model of Jerusalem at the time of the Second Temple. Drive to Mount Scopus to view the impressive home of the Hebrew University and to the Mount of Olives for an outstanding view of Jerusalem. Visit the Chapel of the Ascension, Garden of Gethsemane, and Church of All Nations before driving along the Kidron Valley seeing the Tombs of Absalom, Zechariah and James. We continue to Mount Zion to visit the Room of the Last Supper and King David’s Tomb. We end our day with a visit to the Garden Tomb. Enjoy a farewell dinner before being transferred to the airport for departure. (B,D)
DAY 10: New York, NY
Today our journey ends with good memories as we head home. Arrival the same day..
Back to top
Essential Information & Weather
• 7-9 x underwear, socks
• 2-3 x loose, lightweight trousers or skirts – one full length and one cropped pair would be ideal!
• 3-4 x shorts
• 2 x long, loose shirts
• 4-5 x t-shirts or tops
• 2-3 evening tops
• 1-2 x swimming gear
• 1-2 x sweater or cardigan
• 1-2 x sandals or flip flops
• 1-2 pairs of comfortable walking/running shoes
• 1 x pair of more formal shoes
• 1 rain/wind-proof jacket
• 2-3 sweaters or other colder-weather gear
• Sun hat • Toiletries
• 1 x beach bag
• 1 x day bag
• 1 x evening bag
• Phone, camera and any other electronics needed
• Passport and travel docs
• Insurance Specific packing notes for religious sites
• Cover shoulders: avoid strapless tops, spaghetti straps tops and vests (both men and women)
• Avoid above the knee skirts and shorts (men and women)
• Avoid exposing excessive cleavage, a waist/belly or back
• Do not wear slogans or prints that may be perceived as offensive